Posted on Nov 4, 2012

Tiny Monsters Breeding Guide How to Obtain Darkscale Monsters

Normal Version (Thanks to Georgeanne and Graham for these pictures and status)

Normal Version

Mythic Version

Darkscale Monster Status

TM_ShadowTM_Earth

LVL

Earn Rate (Min)

4 9 13 15 16 18 19 20/22(M) 21/25(M) 24/31(M)

Food (x4)

[0] Sunstone + Shadow
[0] Mountain + Shadow
[0] Sunstone + Brimstone
[0] Goldstone + Shadow
[0] Leave Comment if you know more formulas

Tiny Monsters Breeding Guide

84 Responses to “Tiny Monsters Breeding Guide How to Obtain Darkscale Monsters”

1. pilar says:

Mythic mountain lvl 10 + shadow teen, got darkscale 1st try. Is it possible that one mythic in the formula may slightly increase the chance to get the desired monster? It helped me to get some rare 😀

• Skeah says:

I would like to think so, but at least with the limited Christmas monsters, mythic didn’t seem to help at all for me. Absolutely could not get Merry. Lol

2. Jessica says:

This combo might be listed but I got my Darkscale Monster by a random combo I hadn’t done before… Sunstone lvl 5 (L) Earth Habitat & Embershade lvl 5 (R) Fire Habitat. Android

3. Mikief1 says:

How tough is this one??!! 3 weeks solid and countless brimstones… Simply shadow and earth in the end. To get another is it best to use darkscale with another?

4. Alchemy says:

Been trying for a long time for this one. Can’t tell you how many Shadow and Brimstone monsters I got in pursuit of the Darkscale monster.
    Finally got it with…
    Level 8 Mythic Goldstone + Level 7 Shadow

• Lisa says:

Used your same formula and got 18 hrs breed time, keeping my fingers crossed. Have tried many combos with no luck.

5. JoanneH says:

Yay, put lvl5 shadow and lvl10 frost in, got 18 hour breed so not sure if my first darkscale or yet another brimstone, couldn’t wait the final few hours so hurried with jewels and found a lovely darkscale egg starting to hatch.

• Hecate83 says:

Yup, just saw the beautiful sight of my first Darkscale egg! Tried shadow/earth
      And shadow/brimstone a MILLION times. (Sunstone not leveled to teen for breeding
      ability yet…expensive) So, i got fed up and tried a combo
      that i dont think is listed here…shadow/mountain! Got
      18 hr. breed time and assumed it was Brimstone…but
      great surprise. Remember…sometimes your own crazy/frustrated
      combos are just what u needed!

P.S.:: Thanx 4 all the hours u pour into this site Noob. Would
      have lost my mind already if it wasnt for your
      tips/advice and those of these other Tiny Monsters Fans!

6. AML276 says:

got it 1st try with Magma + Shadow on Android BIG diamonds version.

This might have been published elsewhere on here but after lots of misses (like every1 else) following suggestions on here for each breed I’ve just had 100% success on the last 3 breeds that I wanted so think I have worked it out. I originally found that I had better luck (like some others have mentioned) if I swapped the pair around. In this case for Darkscale (Shadow+Earth/Earth Hybrid) I put an Earth Hybrid (and it MUST be in an Earth Habitat – if it’s in a Fire Habitat I’ll get Fire+Shadow monster) on the left and Shadow on the right. If I put the Primary on the left it’s pot luck what breed I get. Hope this helps

• WGDBatman says:

How do you know if you “big diamonds” version or not on android?

look at your monster’s price nad compared it to the one on this site. if the price is 5x time higher then you get big diamond version.

• WGDBatman says:

Okay cool, so I checked and had the big diamond version… just 2 hours ago it said I had an update, so I updated, now I guess I have the little diamond version ’cause the prices are matching… odd. What’s the difference besides just how much things cost, any content type stuff? After the update I can build the Hall of Heroes, don’t know if that has to do with the two versions or not. I’m Android btw.

And thanks for the site, great job!

• balibeli says:

Excellent! I followed ur instructions using snowbluff from an earth habitat and got a darkscale. Thanks!

• JoanneH says:

I like this formula but I’m sure my frost monster was from an ice habitat, mind you if I put the shadow monster on the eft I guess I just got darkscale by sheer luck – and loaded odds having bred quite a few brimstones. Will follow it for the next one though, lighthorn!

7. Carrie5260 says:

Tonight I bred a mythic Thunder + mythic Shadow – my egg has an 18 hr hatching time. Do you think I got a Darkscale monster … Or do u think it’s another Shadow ? Both have 18 hr hatch times. (It’s also a mythic … Thanks again to Noob’s advice – when I really want a mythic I spend the 100,000 – 200,000 coins to fill the orb – it works most of the time.

I can’t guess TAT you got fifty- fifty chance XD.

• Carrie5260 says:

Mine turned out to be a Brimstone, not a Darkscale (with Thunder + Shadow). I tried Mountain + Shadow and got an Eeriewood. I’m not too disappointed b/c I needed those monsters anyway, but still trying for Darkscale. Thanks for your suggestions and congrats on getting yours!

8. Mikkel says:

Got darkscale first try with mountion + shadow!

9. Julie says:

Finally have a darkscale egg. Shadow and Sunstone. 🙂

10. Aki says:

Darkscale – Finally 🙂

Brimstone Adult (lvl 8) + Shadow Teen (lvl 5)

11. Dey says:

Mountain and Shadow = 18 hour breed time (and it’s mythic!!) on the first try. Really hope that’s it 🙂

If not it’s a mythic Brimstone which I guess would also be ok

12. Rosemary says:

First legendary, now I have a dark scale first try with sunstone and brimstone I did it three times dark scale twice brimstone once try it! 😀

13. Jay and bob says:

Finally mountain with shadow.

14. An says:

First try with adult mountain and teen brimstone

15. Zach F says:

Finally got it with mountain + shadow

16. Ri says:

On 6th try got Dark scale from lvl 10 earth + lvl 5 shadow. So exited!

17. mee says:

Too much food, too low earnings

18. juafra says:

Shadow + Mountain first try

• Jaimee says:

Thanks for this, me too! First try!

• Susan says:

Me too!!!! Mythic Shadow 5 and Mountain 10 gave me a Mythic Darkscale 🙂 Thanks so much! 🙂

• Susan says:

When I got that Mythic Darkscale with Shadow 5 and Mountain 10 my orb was not even 1/4 full. So, I figured I would go for the regular one and to my surprise, I just got another Mythic Darkscale. My orb was maybe 1/4 full. Too bad I can’t give it to someone. Is this Normally an easy monster to get?
        I have a question. On the breeding guide list of monsters, it will give a percentage, such as 75% or 100%. What is this for? Thanks!

19. Pickle says:

Sunstone and shadow

20. kjatbeach says:

I got mythic darkscale with earth and shadow and a nearly full orb. Whoa! I had no idea it would empty my orb to get a mythic.

you’re lucky XD, it will empty your orb every time you get mythic.

• Yeti says:

This is exactly why I noticed it’s harder lately to get a Mythic now than it was a few months ago. It seemed to change right after they advertised increased Mythic chance. i never had to put as much into the orb, have never used diamonds in it and I keep it low in coins. Lately I have had to put much more in and I can’t even get a Mythic flower when trying (but I used to get mythics fairly often when breeding 2 of same & I don’t want to completely fill the orb for a flower or volt)

When breeding for special monsters recently it wouldn’t give me a nice mythic, but it took my orb over a Mythic Fire! Just sharing this experience so others beware when loading that orb, it can disappear and all u might get is a 5 second mythic Fire…ouch! 😉

And Congratulations kjatbeach 🙂 Is is such a cool new monster! Good luck everyone!

• Yeti says:

I also got a Mythic Earth when trying for Grimbolt, NOT what I would have spent Orb coins on lol especially since I am needing habitat expansion money!

• Squindelin says:

Yeah I find that frustrating too. I have 5 mystic fire from my various attempts but no mythic hallow or other cool monsters. Filling up the orb is expensive. 🙁